There are a lot of things for kids to do in Cape Town. If you’re planning to go there with your kids, then you should know about the best Cape Town activities for kids. Continue to read on to find out what our top picks are.
1. The West Coast Ostrich Ranch- The chances are your kids have never seen an ostrich face-to-face, nor have they had the chance to feed one. You can bring them to the West Coast Ostrich Ranch, which gives kids the chance to feed these animals and learn about them. Not only that, but kids can sit on an ostrich, stand on a giant ostrich egg or they can spend time playing in the children’s play area, which has a climbing frame and a sandpit. Adults will also love it here because they too will be able to feed ostriches and learn a lot about them.
2. Imhoff’s Farm- If you go to Kommetjie, then you’ll be able to go to Imhoff’s Farm, which your kids will love. Adults love it here too, but your kids will love the camel rides offered there and the playground. Horse rides can also be done here and so can face painting. If your kids are feeling adventurous, then they can view the snake park and they may have the chance to hold a living snake.
Adults can enjoy grabbing a cup of coffee at the organic coffee shop. There are a number of shops and art galleries too. You and your family can easily spend an entire day here.
3. South African National Museum- No trip to Cape Town would be complete without visiting the South African National Museum, which is located on Queen Victoria Street. The museum has an amazing dinosaur exhibition and a whale exhibition. Kids will love viewing the South African rock carvings. If you want to take your kids somewhere fun and a place where they will learn a lot about South Africa, then make sure you take them to the South African National Museum.
4. The Science Centre- The Science Centre is a great place to take the kids and there are a lot of activities for them to do here. They will let their imaginations run wild while they perform experiments at the centre and they will learn a lot about science in the process. Adults will learn quite a bit about science too and best of all, the Science Centre is a place where you can easily spend a few hours, so if you’re looking for something fun to do in Cape Town, then go to the Science Centre.
5. Eagle Encounters- This is a raptor rehabilitation center and it is the largest one in South Africa. The center is where your kids will enjoy watching amazing bird shows, which are interactive and you and your family may have the chance to hold a live eagle. There is space where your kids can burn energy by running around or play ball. Not only that, but there are no shortage of restaurants in the area and there’s a duck pond nearby, so make sure you bring the kids to it if they love ducks.
6. Boulders Beach- The last attraction on our list is Boulders Beach, which is where your kids will be able to view the African penguin colony. There is nothing like seeing the penguins in person and they are not shy, but you will want to tell your kids to not chase them because you don’t want to scare them off. You and your kids will love spending the day exploring this beach and the surrounding area, but do pack a lunch because you can easily spend an entire day or afternoon here. If you like penguins or are intrigued by them, then make sure you and your kids head to Boulders Beach while in Cape Town.
Those are only a few kids activities in Cape Town. However, those are some of the best activities for kids to do, so make sure you do those ones first. Your kids will love them. All you have to do now is book your trip to Cape Town and have a good time.